April 26, 2017
| Press Release
Nucleus Software announces FY17 Financial Results
- - Launched two new products in Analytics and Cloud
- - Expanded customer presence in Non-Banking Finance Companies (NBFCs) and Housing Finance Companies (HFCs) segments
New Delhi, April 26, 2017: Nucleus Software, the leading provider of lending and transaction banking solutions to the global financial services industry, announced its financial results for the financial year ended March 31, 2017.
Consolidated revenue for the fourth quarter of FY 17 is at Rs. 93.7 crore compared to Rs 92.7 crore in the corresponding quarter of the previous year. Revenue for FY17 is at Rs. 372.4 crore, against Rs. 348.7 crore in FY16.
Commenting on the results, Vishnu R Dusad (CEO, Nucleus Software) said:
“For three decades, we have been providing our customers with innovative technologies that help them become market leaders. In FY17, we continued this trend by launching two new exciting solutions –Lending Analytics, to help companies leverage the power of analytics in lending and FinnOne Neo Cloud, to enable companies take advantage of the power of cloud. These solutions have opened new target markets for us. We continued to empower our customers in their digital transformation with 43 product implementations this year. We executed projects for our lending and transaction banking customers all over the world – from Europe to Australia, from the Middle East and Africa to South East Asia, and of course in India. We also continued to deliver value-adding capabilities with new releases of our market leading solutions - FinnOne Neo and FinnAxia.
The push for digital transactions backed by the demonetization initiative in India, prompted us to boost the capabilities of PaySe, our offline digital cash solution. We made PaySe available in 3 new form factors: smart watch, band and micro SD. With this, we can now cater to consumers more effectively and we launched an innovative project with an esteemed Education Institution in India. We look forward to the exciting opportunities that are ahead of us”.
Consolidated results for the Year ended 31st March, 2017
- - Consolidated revenue for FY 2017 stood at Rs. 372.4 crore, in comparison to Rs. 348.7 crore in the previous year
- - Product business revenue for the year at Rs. 288.1 crore in comparison to Rs. 261.7 crore in the previous year
- - EBIDTA at Rs. 51.8 crore in comparison to Rs. 30.2 crore in the previous year
- - Net Profit after Tax (PAT) stood at Rs. 62.7 crore in comparison to Rs. 32.5 crore in the previous year
- - Earnings Per Share (EPS) for the year at Rs. 19.36 in comparison to Rs. 10.03 in the previous year
Consolidated results for the Quarter ended 31st March, 2017
- - Consolidated revenue at Rs. 93.7 crore in comparison to Rs. 92.7 crore in the corresponding quarter of the previous year
- - Product business revenue for the quarter at Rs. 72.1 crore in comparison to Rs. 71.8 crore in the corresponding quarter of the previous year
- - EBIDTA for the quarter at Rs. 14.6 crore in comparison to Rs. 18.4 crore in the corresponding quarter of the previous year
- - Net Profit after Tax (PAT) stood at Rs. 22.3 crore from Rs. 14.1 crore in the corresponding quarter of the previous year
- - Earnings Per Share (EPS) for the quarter at Rs. 6.87 in comparison to Rs. 4.36 in the corresponding quarter of the previous year
Cash and cash equivalents, including investments in debt schemes of mutual funds, fixed deposits with banks and tax free PSU bonds are at Rs. 481.54 crore as on 31st March, 2017 as against Rs. 366.98 crore on 31st March, 2016.
- The Board of Directors in their meeting held on 25th April 2017 recommended the final dividend of Rs. 5 per Share (on Equity share of Par Value of Rs. 10 each) for the Financial Year March 31, 2017. The payment is subject to the approval of the shareholders at the ensuing Annual General Meeting.
- During the year, 43 customers successfully went live. In Q4, 03 product module implementations were completed worldwide
- - Won 12 new product orders from leading financial institutions across Africa, Middle East, South East Asia and India. We added 7 new customers during the year
- - FinnOne Neo Cloud deployed at leading NBFCs in India - Five Star Finance, Shubham Housing Development and Manappuram Finance Limited to digitize and automate their lending businesses while empowering them to serve their customers better
- - Bussan Auto Finance India (BAF India) has successfully completed the deployment of Nucleus FinnOne mCollect
- - Selected by an Indian NBFC for implementing FinnOne Neo Cloud to power their digital transformation
- Won an order for FinnOne Neo Cloud from a leading Housing Finance Company in India to support their vision of providing an unmatched customer experience
- - Our new launched Lending Analytics product has gained outstanding traction in the market. We signed deals with leading banks and NBFCs in India, Middle East and Africa to help them make data driven decisions
- - Extended our digital cash solution PaySe, to cover 3 new form factors: smart watches, bands and micro SD cards
- - PaySe announced as one of the Finalists of the Manthan Award 2016 by “Digital Empowerment Foundation (DEF)” under the category “Business & Commerce”
- - Launched the latest version of its award winning lending solution FinnOne Neo Collections aimed at digitizing end-to-end collection processes
- - The global strength of employees at Nucleus Software as on March 31st 2017 stands at 1665 as compared to 1565 as on March 31st
Participation in Industry Forums:
To showcase our expertise and product offerings, we participated in number of leading Industry forums worldwide, during the year. Key forums include:
- - Europe – Exhibited at ‘Sibos 2016’, the world’s premier financial services event in Geneva and engaged in insightful discussions with leading bankers on the key trends that are shaping the transaction banking Industry
- - Africa – Sponsored the ‘3rd Annual West Africa International Retail Banking Dialogue 2016’, in Nigeria, organized by The Asian Banker in Nigeria. PaySe, our offline digital cash solution showcased its offering at the ‘Cards & Payments 2016’ in Kenya
- - Australia – Hosted leading bank executives for an exclusive round table on ‘Adapting to the Pace of Change’. Participated in the ‘Australian Retail Banking Summit 2016’, organized by the RFi Group in partnership with Asia-pacific Banking & Finance (AB+F)
- - United States of America (USA) – Presented views on ‘Unleashing the High-Tech Power of the Underbanked’ at Digital Money Forum at CES (Consumer Electronics Show) in Las Vegas
- - Middle East – Participated in the ‘Islamic Banking Forum’ organized by the RFi Group at Dubai
- - South East Asia (SEA) – Participated in the ‘Asian Banking And Finance Retail Banking & Wholesale Banking Awards 2016’ in Singapore
- - India – Organized a focused roundtable discussion around ‘Shaping the future of lending for NBFCs’ in association with Dun & Bradstreet and Amazon Web Services.